Saturday, December 5, 2009

What Time is it?

It's the holiday season, of course! A time for giving, a time for family, a time for reflecting on the past year, a time for planning for next year and a time for considering the needs of others.

The temperature where I live has dipped below zero and there is some snow. I'm grateful I have a warm house; some don't. Holiday meals are being planned and I'm very grateful we have money to buy food; some don't. We are planning to get together with some of our family members to celebrate Christmas and I'm grateful for that; some are alone.

The truth is I sometimes take our blessings for granted. Only two years ago, we'd experienced a business failure and were left with no money and huge debt. During this time my wife broke her ankle and was bed-fast for 3 months. Through this time, friends and family brought food and supplies that enabled us to always have enough. Having been in a similar situation several years before, we have an understanding of what it's like being without.

With the support of friends, and out trust in God, we survived and were blessed incredibly. This holiday season, the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, many people need to see Him in flesh and blood; they need you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment